Titleist AP1 716 Irons
With the release of the 716 AP1 irons, Titleist takes dead aim at the game-improvement market. In fact, Titleist claims these AP1 irons are the longest, more-forgiving irons it has ever made. The 716 AP1 irons are cast from high-strength 17-4 stainless steel and designed with a 360-degree undercut cavity in the back of the club. The idea is to increase the portion of the hitting surface that is unsupported, which allows the face to flex more efficiently at impact to boost ball speed.
Titleist AP1 716 Irons Features:
An extreme 360° undercut cavity creates a large, thin unsupported face that increases both speed and launch for more distance. High density tungsten drives the center of gravity low allowing stronger lofts to create even more speed and more distance.
The use of extreme high density tungsten moves weight to the perimeter increasing moment of inertia on off-center hits. 716 AP1 irons are the most forgiving among irons of similar size.
* Speed, launch and distance from the thin, fast face
* Even more speed and distance from strong lofts
* Enhanced launch from the high density tungsten, low CG design
* Precise flight through the set from the optimized CG progression
* Fast through the turf with less dig from the pre-worn leading edge
* Fast, lively feel